Reports To: Director of Marketing
The Brand Manager is a fantastic opportunity to lead the growth and development of the core tea business for TM and to work as a mini-CEO within the company. The Brand Manager is a leadership role that will connect the required cross functional departments together and direct the work necessary to expand the business – creating innovations, forecasting long term supply, driving demand, creating communications campaigns, identifying insights, developing new merchandising tools, and addressing consumer and customer needs. The Brand Manager will have significant cross-functional responsibilities, agency interaction and budget authority.
In the spirit of true brand management this is a general manager and leadership position. The successful candidate has a demonstrated track record in marketing, business building, creative thinking, social media and leadership with CPG companies, turning new ideas into concrete deliverables and business results. Natural & organic food or nutritional supplement experience is a plus.
The Brand Manager will be based in Rohnert Park, located in beautiful Sonoma County, California.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategic Brand Building
- Drives marketing strategy and initiatives to build the brand and drive business results
- Develops monthly dashboard for leadership team to identify and address key business issues, incorporating data, insights, marketplace performance, and actionable recommendations and plans.
- Surveys competitive landscape and follows industry reports to identify consumer and product trends.
- Responsible for business results, including top line growth, budget planning and management, and margin improvement.
- Communicates business needs to creative/media agency to help determine and organize marketing initiatives. Evaluates the creative and media plan received from the agency and communicates needs and adjustments clearly and efficiently. Works with agencies and vendors to execute plans on time.
- Works with the Digital Project Manager on the website marketing- email and search. Tracks performance of marketing initiatives.
- Leads innovation process for bagged tea line extensions, including identifying strategic opportunities for new products, and managing the development and commercialization of the items.
Collaborative Business Planning:
- Works closely with operations and sales to forecast growth of the portfolio to shape supply and operations plans. Makes recommendations for portfolio rationalization.
- Understands the operational success factors and incorporates these attributes into business planning and initiatives.
- Partners with Sales to provide marketing support for key retailers and develop account level plans. Participates in key Retailer meetings. Tracks performance and provides support to ensure that growth targets are met.
- Leads cross-functional team meeting to manage timelines of projects and ensure team is driving projects forward. Collects inputs from cross-functional teams to develop effective plans.
- Allocates budgets across communications activities and manage expenditures, working collaboratively with Finance
- Work with Legal and Regulatory to communicate in compliance with FDA and DSHEA supplement guidelines
- Participate in Stage Gate and Integrative Business Planning meetings for new items, merchandising tools, and business performance.
- BS in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years experience - prefer 2 in a traditional consumer package goods environment and additional 2+ years experience at a smaller enterprise where you demonstrated your ability to draw from your education and large company experience to drive growth and increase market share.
- Strong consumer orientation, behavior understanding, and drive toward engaging the consumer in compelling programs
- Strategic thinking and ability to drive that thinking into actionable plans. Self-starter, drive for results.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen. Ability to incorporate TM values into leadership style.
- Ability to perform analysis and interpret market trends and business data
- Ability to align priorities towards business goals and a drive for results
- Operational orientation
- Direct experience with digital marketing strategies and tactics, such as online advertising, direct response, e-mail marketing, social-media, public relations, etc.
- Natural & organic food or nutritional supplement experience a plus as well as experience at a mission driven organization. Familiarity with herbs and herbal medicine also a plus.
- Experience working closely with sales teams across all major distribution channels; natural foods, grocery, mass, club, and drug.
- Creativity, attention to detail, ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, flexibility, and comfort in fast-changing, agile environments.
- Excellent presentation and communication skill and an ability to influence.
- Critical eye for design; high standards for quality.
Must be a team player, able to work closely with cross-functional groups and anticipate and react to changes quickly.Traditional Medicinals, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud equal opportunity employers. We wholeheartedly embrace authenticity, diversity, and people’s differences. We acknowledge, celebrate, and support individuality to the great advantage our consumers, our stakeholders, our products, and the planet. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our people.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.