Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Production Supervisor and Leadhand
To ensure ensure finished products meet specifications
Ensuring food quality along with standard productivity
- Make sure you have ample supply of skids, boxes and tray s, for your shift
- Ensure all paper work is completed properly - ex. tickets, packaging reports, etc.
- Report any equipment issues to your supervisor/leadhand
- Ensure coding information is correct on the package. Refer to packaging specifications
- Ensure the correct skid is being used. Refer to packaging specifications
- Move finish product to freezer or warehouse
- Work closely to Machine-operator
- Dump waste when needed and record weight
- Relieve for breaks and lunches when required
- Help keep line tidy during production (sweep floors in warehouse and around lines, Keep boxes, trays, and skids in designated area)
- Empty garbage when required
- Work in conjunction with the Leadhand and co-workers to ensure orders are filled correctly and packaging supplies are available for the next shift
- Work area left clean and tidy for the next shift (any unused boxes that are not needed any more put them away, floors swept etc.)
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities specific to food safety, legality and quality
- Adhere to all applicable job procedures as outlined in SOP manual
- Adhere to GMPs and Health and Safety rules as outlined in employee handbook
- Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
- Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to supervisor immediately
- Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure GMP s and safe food handling practices are being followed
- All tools to be cleaned and maintained in good repair. Report any broken, damaged, or missing tools to your supervisor. Do not discard any damaged or broken tools.
- Follow all GMPs including maintaining personal hygiene, handwashing/sanitizing hands, clean up spills (ie: ingredients, water, debris and wood)
- Report any foreign material findings to your supervisor
- As part of food security, report any unusual people or behaviours to your supervisor
- Perform all other duties assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Must work with speed and accuracy to keep up with the production process
- Service oriented --- high need to please
- Effective communicator
- Punctual and team player
- Effective organizer
- GMP and safety awareness
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of work in the bakery requires employees to stand on their feet for the entire 8-12 hour shift
- Physical demands may also include reaching, bending, walking, lifting (up to a maximumof 50lbs) and performing repetitive actions
- Please refer to the PDA for all physical requirements of this position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a 24 hour/ 7 day manufacturing operation
- The temperature of the environment within the production area can range from 58 - 80degrees Fahrenheit depending on the department
- The production areas are often loud, exceeding 85 decibels, due to the machinery that isrunning; earplugs are required to be worn while in the bakery at all times
- Depending on position, some employees may be exposed to dust; dust masks andrespirators are available if required
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.