Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Job Title: LEAD Bottling Line
Reports To: Bottling Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: Direct the operation of all bottling equipment and personnel on a line to maximize Quality, Safety and Efficiencies. Perform troubleshooting duties on all equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Verify line setup is ready and product approved for production by start of shift.
Make sure all valves and pumps are set correctly to pull correct vinegar into bottling tank.
Make sure Supervisor aware of any employees that are scheduled off the line for the next day.
Make sure correct production schedules are being run.
Work closely with Supervisor to complete daily schedules and get Supervisor approval on any shortages or changes of the schedule immediately.
Make sure correct product is pumped to filler and all machines are started and ready to operate.
Ensure that the line is running efficiently.
Ensure all machines are shut down properly at end of shift.
Perform other duties as necessary to assist the Supervisor.
Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledgeable about each piece of equipment on the SML.
- Ability to set-up each piece of equipment on the SML.
- Ability to troubleshoot each piece of equipment on the SML.
- Good work attitude, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermittent lifting of over 50 pounds without assistance, or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Continuous standing, walking and reaching.
- Intermittent crouching/stooping, pushing/pulling, bending and lifting/lowering.
- Must be able to perform on-call duty on any shift and work overtime on short notice basis.
- Must be able to work Long-term, temporary assignments to any shift may be required to maintain manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work in a continuously hot environment.
- Duties are performed with some exposure to noise, lubricants and chemicals. May also work in areas that are confined, dusty and dirty or require personal protective equipment.