Mucci Farms is an industry leader with greenhouses in two countries, equipped with world-class technology and a dedicated team of over 1200. Our humble beginnings started over 60 years ago when two brothers from Italy immigrated to Canada with a passion to grow fresh, flavourful, fruits and vegetables. A generation later, Tony and Gino’s children have taken the company to new heights with a variety of commodities, aggressive expansions and the launch of Mucci International Marketing Inc., the Sales & Marketing arm of the organization.
Bert, Danny and their cousin Gianni Mucci partnered with close family friend Joe Spano to grow our company into a substantial, award-winning leader in the greenhouse industry. With an emphasis on efficiency, we make significant investments in state-of-the-art automation and robotics to provide consumers with the highest level of food safety and maximum shelf life for all of our products. Vertically integrated from seed to retail, Mucci Farms owns and operates over 250-acres of tomato, pepper, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce and strawberry greenhouses in Kingsville, Ontario and Huron, Ohio. We also have a global network of over 1500 acres with partner growers.
We are hiring for:
Based at: Mucci Farms – Opportunities available in Ohio and Michigan.
Type of Employment: Full-Time, permanent, 5-days a week; and some additional hours which may include Saturdays, depending on workload and priorities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions
- Reconciles accounts by verifying entries and totals
- Prepare accurate monthly and financial reports
- Process Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Assist with timely completion of month end and year end requirements
- General administrative tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years of Bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to reprioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations.
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.