For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Boiler/Utilities II position at our Le Sueur, MN location.
The Boiler/Utilities II operator applies knowledge of boiler house processes and equipment to perform all regular and non-routine plant operations and maintenance, including operations of boilers, HVAC and associated equipment, laboratory and clerical work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the organization.
- Operate and maintain automatically fired boilers, water softeners and reverse osmosis (RO) systems. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as traps, pipes, valves and make repairs when necessary.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment problems with plant.
- Operate and maintain plant air compressors to ensure incoming quality air for the plant.
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience, HAZWOPER, ability to perform maintenance PMs on ammonia system.
- Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF.
- Maintain accurate records of boilers and other equipment on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality, and environmental practices.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Using strong knowledge of PSM program, assist in program management and documentation.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized vocational training in maintenance mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, boiler operation and refrigeration or completed apprenticeship program required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in boiler operations required.
- Experience operating hand tools, power tools, machine tools (lathe, mill, etc.), welders, refrigeration and electrical test equipment required.
- Experience distinguishing between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, including pumps and steam generation required.
- Experience performing mechanical and electrical troubleshooting required.
- Experience reading blueprints and electrical schematics required.
- 1st Class B Boiler Operators License required. (does not apply to Lake Norden)
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with mangers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Seek out and participate in appropriate training and professional development.
- Basic math plus fractions, decimals and percentages, as well as algebraic calculations.
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our presence in Le Sueur, MN, consists of the following locations; Le Sueur Cheese, The Friendly Confines Cheese Shoppe, Le Sueur Ingredients, Le Sueur Protein Research Center, and Le Sueur Business Office. These locations produce various types of cheeses, such as; parmesan, romano, asiago, gouda, muenster, Monterey Jack, and cheddar. They also run various whey streams, such as; whey protein isolate (WPI), whey protein concentrate 34 (WPC 34), whey protein concentrate 80 (WPC 80), and both pharma and food-grade lactose.
Le Sueur, MN, was the original home of the Jolly Green Giant. This small town provides a safe, friendly atmosphere with great neighborhoods and affordable housing while maintaining several large businesses. Le Sueur is on the Minnesota River and The National Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway passes right by town. You can also visit the Le Sueur Chamber site http://lesueurchamber.org/ for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity