Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Job Title: Blending Operator
Reports To: Blending Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Blending Operator will perform duties to blend product, work from work orders, product specifications, bill-of-materials, production schedules, and material inventory lists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Retrieve production requirements form Quality Assurance and determine type and quantity of product to be blended.
- Work with filter operator to ensure filtered raw materials available.
- Ensure pasteurizer remains in on mode and at correct temperature. Hook up lines and initiate flow of hot water.
- Add and mix ingredients and monitor blending process.
- Track finished product to bottling line.
- Inspect product to verify conformance to specifications. Set up and operate various test equipment.
- Notify supervisor of unusual or out of specification processes.
- Maintain ingredient inventory and storage. Initiate restocking as needed.
- Complete required production reports.
- Properly use forklift, test equipment, and common hand tools.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Constant care necessary to prevent injury to others.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 6 months and up to 9 months experience required.
- Use adjustable measuring instruments such as quality inspection equipment; interpretation is required.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to perform duties involving repetitive or diversified work requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Light physical effort required to handle buckets and hoses; occasional lifting or moving average weight material, ability to lift up to 50lbs.