Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
The Production Operator is based at the Totowa, NJ plant. This position will work directly on the production floor to complete tasks related to machine operation, batch production and safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for product quality while maintaining company standards and processes.
- Operate blender and kettle machines while maintaining a positive, clean and safe working environment.
- Perform boxes and bags palletizing.
- Follow all GMP#39;s, Safety and Environmental regulations as well as company policies.
- Complete production reports to identify problems and maximize productivity.
- Attend regular team meetings which include effective communication of organizational and policy changes.
- Adhere to Lean Process Control Board procedures to ease communication at shift changes
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of one (1+) plus year manufacturing experience, preferably in a batch maker, mixer, or blender role
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Lean Process understanding preferred
- Willingness to work second or third shift with occasional weekend shifts
- Understanding of union policies and procedures
- Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
- Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
- Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Medical, Equipment Operator, Nutrition, Machinist, Medical Device, Healthcare, Manufacturing