For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Blender I safely and efficiently produces quality blends by staging and blending ingredients according specifications, ensuring every production line meets standards and is blending on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow work instructions and the batch record to verify all the ingredients are present before beginning the weighing and measuring process.
- Accurately weigh/measure each ingredient as specified in the batch record using computer-aided software; may also be done manually.
- Verify label information and load ingredient into the blender in the order specified in the batch record.
- Maintain and clean equipment, parts, tools, utensils and work area ensuring good housekeeping and 5S standards are met.
- Maintain appropriate separation of materials and equipment by food allergens.
- Consistently meet production needs and goals while making efforts to minimize product shrink and downtime.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of all blending equipment and processes; contacting Maintenance as needed.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork and transactions in a timely manner including batch entry logs, cleaning forms, room logs, work orders, etc.
- Identify Critical Control Points (CCP).
- Actively participates in shift exchanges and work team meetings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work with dairy and nut products in addition to other related ingredients and allergens.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a food manufacturing environment required.
- Forklift and pallet jack certification required; in-house training for certification provided.
- Ability to be Lockout Tagout (LOTO) certified.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Basic math skills plus fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Able to exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, copy data from one record to another, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity