Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Process, review and reconcile carrier invoices for the Transportation group
Process and review customer invoices for the Transportation group and related tasks to ensure the timely and correct billing of freight services
Process, research, link, reconcile and add consignees
- Process carrier invoices, carrier auto pay set up and answer carrier inquiry
- Make all daily carrier payables adjustments (PADJ) to invoices based on contractual agreements
- Weekly process of carrier invoices via AP-SEND - SOX TB05
- Request and validate documentation (POD, Lumper/unloading receipts) from carriers
- Review and reconcile variances between carrier invoices and system charge calculations
- Review carrier rate files against carrier payments when there is a discrepancy, report it and follow up
- All adjustments to carrier invoices that require customer billing must be validated
- Communicate with carriers on invoice discrepancies, incomplete or missing documentation
- Monthly audit process of Random Lumper/Unloading receipts
- Process all Billings and make daily Billing adjustments (BADJ) to invoices based on contractual agreements or written approval from customer via AR Billing backup email
- Communicate, coordinate and validate with shipping warehouses and regional transportation personnel on adjustments requested by the field
- Process and audit EDI submissions for all EDI customers
- Set up and audit Automatic Invoicing, and assist in moving customers to electronic methods of invoicing
- Conduct audit sessions on all customers#39; invoices
- Attach and/or upload documents to all applicable invoices
- Ensure customers are billed correctly and invoices are mailed/emailed within 5 business days. Plus Identify delays and fix root cause
- Process all Special billings and validate the attachment of penny invoices in SAP
- Follow appropriate A/P processes for cost plus customers
- Review Billing Exception Reports weekly for invoices with $0 or not invoiced and daily during month-end, adjust and fix the root cause
- Assist team members as needed with the customer billing and collections
- Review customer rate files against their contractual agreement, and report all rate discrepancies to Centralize Rate Maintenance and copy your supervisor
- Provide information to Rate File Maintenance regarding "next most distant point" rates to be added to customer#39;s rate file, if contractual
- Run Consignees kick-out reports three times daily. Research, Add, Link and/or Delete Consignees
- Monthly, run audit and review the Consignee Master File Audit Report and get approval
- Other functions and tasks as assigned and/or required
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Business or Financial related discipline or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- 2 years accounting experience
- Transportation experiences a plus.
- Detailed oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Computer literate in AS400 (or similar system)
- SAP a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.