Our client, a manufacturing company located near Montreal, QC is looking for a Bilingual R&D Project Leader to join their team
What you will do in this role:
• Independently lead product development projects from formulation through scale up and start up.
• Conduct lab tests, pilot plant and large-scale tests within manufacturing facilities to optimize formulation and/or process.
• Maintain technical documentation.
• Manage technical timelines, provide clear and timely communication, raise issues and risks, and develop contingency plans leveraging strong project management skills
• Analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process issues
• Prepare detailed and well-structured technical reports on the outcome of the experiments
• Proceed with researching processes, product improvements and cost saving opportunities
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams on new product implementation, product development, scale-up, technology transfer and process characterization
• Provide feedback on potential food safety or quality concerns
• Monitor current market trends and stay up to date on new regulations to submit recommendations when necessary
• Participate in sensory testing and shelf-life studies
• Support training programs by receiving training on equipment, ingredients, and category knowledge
What you will bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s is a Plus) - Food Science, Nutrition, or related fields.
• Minimum 4 years Food Product Development experience (on high protein food preferred).
• Work independently and in teams under fast-paced conditions with minimum supervision
• Respond to rapidly changing requirements, targets, and expectations
• Organizational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail
• Understanding of ingredient interactions/functionality.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
• Proficiency in Genesis R&D and Wrike Project Management software
What our client is offering:
- A competitive salary and full medical/health benefits for the employee and their family.
- The chance to join a growing company with a great work environment.
If you feel that this role would be a good fit for you, please submit your resume today in MS Word format – Don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements.