Mission: To efficiently lead and manage a food production department in conjunction with the BC1 Operations Team Leader on other shifts. Ensuring products are of the highest quality and produced at the lowest possible cost to stay competitive in the market, applying Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies with a Continuous Improvement mindset.
Key Result Area/Time Utilization
1. Budgeting / Planning 10%
2. Manufacturing Management 30%
3. Inventory Control 10%
4. Team Management and Development 10%
5. Cost Reduction 10%
6. Quality 10%
7. Safety 10%
8. Personal Development 10%
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a Manufacturing environment; Food Manufacturing, highly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of proven experience supervising staff in a lead or supervisor position in a face paced, high volume environment.
• High School diploma, or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s Degree, highly preferred. Education can be substituted for some required experience.
• Ability to set expectations, drive accountability while maintaining a positive departmental culture.
• Ability to educate, empower, engage operations teams (salaried and hourly).
• Ability to motivate and successfully lead operations teams to deliver finished goods.
• Ability to ensure a strong focus on cost control, quality, and food safety.
• Ability to lead by example.
• Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally.
• Ability to analyze problems.
• Ability to generate and execute effective corrective actions.
• Ability to successfully work with teams to solve problems.
• Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and development /presenting results.
• Ability to successfully lead multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to lead and influence others toward positive change and outcomes.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office, CMMS, and ERP systems.
• Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or create opportunities that will increase and create value.
• Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems.
• Knowledge of product/process flows and equipment operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and USDA requirements.
• Good understanding of SQF regulations.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal Employment Laws and regulations.
Key Result Areas/Objectives / Activities
1. Budgeting / Planning
a) Develops and submits an annual departmental strategic plan for controllable costs budget in conjunction with other departmental Team Leaders and Operations Manager.
b) Develops and submits an annual departmental strategic plan to reduce labor costs.
c) Implements departments’ portion of new product launches, ensuring that the department participates in the new product launch process.
d) Implements processes that increase departmental productivity (i.e. Lean Principles, 5S, RCA, TPM, Kaizen, Gemba, etc.).
e) Executes production schedules ensuring 100% attainment.
f) Identify, track, analyze, develop action plans, and drive continuous improvement for production metrics.
2. Manufacturing Management
a) Executes Company’s Lean Vision and Strategies. (i.e., Lean Principles, 5S, RCA, TPM, Kaizen, Gemba walks, etc.).
b) Oversees the conversion of raw materials into finished goods in the most efficient way.
c) Implements process improvements that increases departmental effectiveness (PDCA, RCFA, DMAIC).
d) Maintain functional knowledge of departmental manufacturing assets.
e) Monitors and executes strategies to improve OEE.
f) Monitors and executes Equipment Reliability Strategies, including, departmental maintenance programs, updating new maintenance work order on-time completions.
g) Oversees Sanitation crew duties and responsibilities.
h) Oversees implementation of Changeovers and Scheduled PMs and repairs on equipment following SMED Methodologies.
3. Inventory Control
a) Develops and implements controls needed to assure proper tracking and reporting of raw material inventory levels throughout the department.
b) Oversees the physical consumption process of inventories for all productive material and consumption issues from issuing locations in the department.
c) Oversees the usage and effectiveness of all Packaging materials, maximizing their usage and monitoring the efficiencies on all equipment department wide.
d) Ability to review and reconcile work orders daily and move to correct status.
e) Ability to investigate stranded inventory in finished goods location and take the necessary actions to resolve the issue to standardize the process.
f) Ensure that all employees are following procedures in JDE.
g) Provide and document proper training for new employees that will be working with JDE system.
4. Team Management and Development
a) Maintains effective communications throughout organization.
b) Ensures an adequate level of leadership/management presence on the factory floor.
c) Coaches plant operating team and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration.
d) Prepares and conducts scheduled communication with direct reports on base comp, performance incentive, and evaluation processes.
5. Cost Reduction
a) Delivers annual departmental operations cost productivity initiatives to reduce COGS.
b) Ensures that departmental operational costs are at or below industry standards.
c) Executes processes that ensure departmental controllable costs (fixed and variable) are managed within approved budgets.
d) Ensures departmental production lines continuously improve controllable conversion cost.
e) Implements yield improvement projects/processes.
a) Executes manufacturing and sanitation processes, achieving a high level of First Time Quality (FTQ).
b) Maintains department-wide focus on food safety and compliance with GMPs and SQF regulations.
c) Executes Root Cause Failure Analysis processes for hold products, reducing future holds.
d) Ensures a high level of internal and external audit compliance.
a) Ensures an effective team member safety program is executed.
b) Implements strategies and programs to ensure safety incidents are eliminated.
c) Maintains regulatory compliance with federal, state, and local agencies.
d) Ensures all departmental team member safety training is completed.
8. Personal Development
a) Develops and maintains an ongoing knowledge of the olive business.
b) Analyzes and completes annual self-improvement activities.
c) Attends technical and non-technical training as requested.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to do each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are typical of the physical demands, work environment, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles. This position will travel from various facilities where the outside weather conditions can be very cold and wet and very hot and humid. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must have the ability to work various shifts, weekends, and overtime to cover absences and/or provide additional support.