- This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Want to learn how to make juice?Lassonde Pappas & Co. is a USLeader in beverage manufacturing dedicated to our team members, customers and consumers satisfaction. We remain committed to our small-town roots and rural values. Hardworking and caring are qualities that make our teams special. Since 1942, we’ve been producing delicious products for our customers across the country!
To provide the best for our customers, we focus on building the best team by creating and advancing an inclusive environment amongst our diverse workforce. If you’re passionate about customer satisfaction, reliable, and committed to being and doing better, join us!
We value each of our employee’s total wellbeing. To support employees in all stages of their wellness journey, we have a robust benefits program including: medical, dental, and vision coverage options, growth and development potential, along with 401-K, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Fairs, Gym Membership Discounts, and so much more!
The Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Clerk (Batchroom Stager) will be responsible for unloading incoming freight, transferring freight to proper storage areas; loading outbound DRP’s using a forklift, and using the computer to receive the inventory in system. This position is also required to manually unload and transfer freight with the use of a forklift or other material handling equipment when a fork-lift would not be practical. This role reports to the QA Manager or Warehouse Manager and is based out of our California location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Efficiently and effectively operates fork-lift and other material handling equipment to unload in-coming freight and transfer that freight to the proper departments or storage area
- Acquire empty pallets from storage areas and stacks in-coming freight and materials on the proper pallets as instructed by supervisory or management personnel
- Use a computer to receive inventory, print pallet tags, and identify ingredients and supplies. Apply the tags to the proper area of each pallet
- Must maintain proper colored tags and storage requirements on all organic ingredients
- Report any issues with DRP’s or any other incoming loads
- Perform weekly ingredient cycle counts for verifications
- Complete fork-lift inspection reports at the beginning of the shift and report deficiencies to maintenance personnel
- Complete all required paperwork as directed by Quality Assurance Manager
- Sample incoming concentrates as required per proper GMP
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner
- Ability to complete weekly Operator P.M.’s. Communicate any problems within work areas with regards to equipment issues, including safety concerns
- Ensure any ingredients/freight being shipped out is properly sealed and in good condition prior to loading
- Review and apply inventory activities, including movements and deletions
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Report any stock issues to management and place product orders as necessary
- Receiving will entail performing all transaction receipts in QAD, getting all required signatures, and filing all freight bills and related documents
- Shipping will entail performing all shipping transactions in QAD, billing out trucks, issuing trailer seals, getting all required signatures, and filing all related paperwork
- Accountable for food safety, food quality and regulatory requirements for their position
- Encouraged to notify management about actual or potential food safety issues
- Adopt and maintain all SQF requirements for their position
- Empowerment to work with supervision to resolve food safety and food quality issues within their scope of work
- Assist in Batching when needed, (call off, breaks and lunches, sugar dumping)
- Work side by side with receiving / ordering clerks to plan for incoming materials
- Manage incoming materials
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 6 months forklift experience
- One to three months of related experience
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Ability to work independently
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.