Responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day shift operations with completion of batch/blend production requirements while ensuring quality and TTB compliance. This position is responsible for calculating batch changes and corrections as deemed necessary, personnel management and inter-departmental communication related to the batch/blend operation. This position is responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance with safety and sanitation procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize work and processes to facilitate meeting the requirements of the daily and weekly batching schedule.
- Ensure front line quality check compliance to meet Company quality standards. Review data and sensory analysis to make decisions regarding alterations to
- Communicate with the Packaging, Quality Assurance and Maintenance departments throughout the shift as needed.
- Recommend measures to maintain safe operations, improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment to increase efficiency, quality and safety of the department or work crew.
- Use batching schedule to prepare appropriate batching paperwork for staff.
- Review the on-hand raw materials as needed to ensure adequate inventory.
- Analyze and resolve work problems and/or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Suggest and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Initiate personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures.
- Facilitate shift change meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Internal, Federal, State and local guidelines and regulations including GMP, HACCP, OSHA, FDA and TTB.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and revise SOP’s.
- Participate in external and internal audit processes.
- Participate in sensory analysis of product.
- Supervise training of employees in operations, safety, quality standards, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
- Troubleshoot batch skid operations.
- Enter inventory and production receipts in M2K.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Batching Supervisor. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- High School diploma. Associates Degree and/or relevant certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical, hands-on work in a production facility including batch/blend experience; beverage/food production experience preferred.
- Possess excellent communication, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and flexibility.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Policies, Process, and Procedures
- Relationship Management
This position will primarily work the second shift by ust be available to work any assigned shift.
Blues City Brewery provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more.
Blues City Brewery LLC is an equal opportunity employer who prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Blues City Brewery LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.