Our client, an international giant in the consumer foods industry, is again growing and now seeking a top caliber and innovative Baking Process Manager as an addition to staff:
The research and development work performed at our company changes the world, quite literally! Our teams of scientists, technologists and engineers are breaking new ground every day to make a positive and visible effect on consumer health and our planet.
We’re leading the way in developing what’s next, not only being one step ahead of consumer demand but also raising the bar on responsibility by collaborating upstream with the sales, marketing, supply chain and sustainability departments.
Our company is one of the world#39;s leading food and beverage companies with operations in over 200 countries, providing a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. Our global presence, combined with our pursuit of great science, offers you the opportunity to leverage your technical expertise and through the process of innovation, create a positive impact on people’s lives around the world. We are searching for an innovative professional with experience in the food industry R&D.
This role requires your skills and passion to drive leading-edge baking process technologies from concept to commercialization, applying fundamental engineering principles in combination with a creative mindset. Our desired candidate will lead to complex problems, yet still have the drive to be “hands-on” as the process is taken from pilot to full scale in a commercial facility. In this role, you will involve strong collaboration skills with colleagues and external partners.
- Utilize engineering and scientific methods to invent and develop novel baking and technical solutions that create business opportunities in support of strategic market objectives.
- Design and install pilot plant scale equipment to demonstrate the advantages of new processor solutions for the baking platform.
- Define new capital requirements, specify unit operation performance criteria, and qualify new installations at commercial scale.
- Lead overall project agenda including technical approach, setting timelines and budgeting.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data to make technical recommendations on process advancement.
- Leverage external and internal experts for key scientific, analytical, and sensory research.
- Perform basic economic evaluations on new processes and estimate the potential business value.
- Partner externally to source ingredients and food processing equipment and leverage vendor expertise to implement new technologies
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Operations, Purchasing, Engineering and Regional R&D teams to scale successful processes to commercial production scale.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter of Expert) on the baking platforms for multiple regions within the business.
- BS in Engineering degree (Chemical, Mechanical, Food) and a minimum of 7 years experience in engineering / R&D roles within the baking food industry.
- or MS Engineering degree (Chemical, Mechanical, Food) and a minimum of 5 years experience in engineering / R&D roles within the baking food industry.
- Strong understanding of novel ingredients and raw materials interactions with manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated experience in baking, drying and/or microwave technologies.
- Experience in Mechanical design and modeling is desirable.
- Proven skills to be self-driven and advance technical projects by leveraging internal & external subject matter experts.
- The ability and interest to work in the laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing scale environments.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Proven ability to deconstruct development challenges and issues into fundamental problems and design technically sound approaches for determining process solutions.
- Retains a connection with academic leaders/institutions and the ability to leverage the network for solutions and results. Possess a formal and informal network with professional and research organizations and universities.
This is a growth opportunity!
You must be a Permanent Resident of the USA or have a valid Green Card to be considered for this position.
Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates.
Due to the large quantity of resumes received, we can unfortunately only respond to those who are most qualified.