Bakery Production Supervisor Make – up (Night Shift)
Carolina Foods Inc. is an SQF Level III Bakery and is looking for Supervisors experienced in manufacturing bread, rolls, yeast based sweet goods for immediate hiring. You will be working at our South Tryon St. facility and assist in the transition to a new state of the art bakery
Responsibilities include personnel management, labor and waste control, equipment maintenance, food safety and sanitation in a bakery environment. Ability to work with a very diverse workforce.
Supervises: Team of 5 -25 team members
Duties and Responsibilities
Monitors team members and equipment that mix ingredients. Notifies Maintenance immediately of any equipment problems. Maintains a clean working area.
- Monitors preparation of brews and dough to ensure proper mixing times and temperatures
- Supervises the preparation of glazing process. Verifies formulas are followed accurately
- Monitors product piece weights and lengths
- Schedules team members accordingly to minimize over-time and to promote cross-training
- Trains team members to perform all job functions
- Verify that Production procedures are being followed including recipes, fermentation, times, dough temperatures, portion control, bake temperatures, shortening absorption and moisture level condition.
- Verify all production paperwork is accurately completed, raw materials are scanned into JD Edwards.
- Verify that all GMP’s are followed
- Minimize raw material waste and downtime.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements, labor reduction and other money saving ideas
Qualifications and Skills
- Fermentation knowledge required
- 5 years plus of leadership experience in production in the bread, rolls and sweet goods required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to assimilate, retain, and apply training and knowledge of job functions and recognize and communicate problems and recommend solutions.
- Excellent problem skills a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating / maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications and JD Edwards
- Willingness to cover varied shifts if needed. Weekends & Holidays if necessary.
- Salary: Depending on experience / Bonus potential of 10%
- Excellent benefits and 401K