Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Weighs and loads raw materials into the mixer following the mixing process and procedure guidelines at all times.
- Prepares mixer by setting equipment controls.
- Reports outages of ingredients to supervisor prior to beginning mixing any formula.
- Reports equipment issues (mixing, scaling, or electronic) to the production supervisor and the maintenance department immediately.
- Produces product by mixing raw materials; monitoring and records ACCURATE SAP lots.
- Checks every ingredient added, and writes any required information on the QA paperwork
- Prepares product for next process.
- Responsible for dumping all dough in the food waste carts at the end shift.
- Writes ingredients information on the dough sheets one at a time
- Enters dough in SAP one at a time
- Responsible to sieve ingredients, dry and liquid
- Maintains quality standards by verifying weight and contents of raw materials; Documents all process events; approving product for next step in manufacturing process.
- Prepares for next batch by cleaning mixing equipment. Verifies that equipment has been decontaminated by the sanitation department at the end of any given run changeover. Mixer is responsible for rapid changeovers.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- (No supplies, gloves, hairnets, beard nets, or tools should be left on top of the equipment at any given time)
- Know and follow GMP guidelines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with the work hours as needed. Might need to work different shifts and work weekends.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred
- Previous experience in a baking environment preferred
- Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions.
- Must have good command of The English language.
- Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to write numbers legibly.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic Computer and SAP skills are required.
- Forklift certification desirable.
- Occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet.
- Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
- For line manufacturing environment hearing protection is mandatory.
- Employees move between hot and cold environments.
- Temperatures may be around 45F or 100F and in between.
- Hottest temp months between May & September.
- Exposure to moving equipment through the shift.
- Exposure to milk, eggs, butter, chocolate ingredients used in our products.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.