Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Prepares ingredients to be loaded into mixer by hand, loads conveyor and/or bag dump from pallets, sugar sacks, bags, drum, etc.
- Operates ingredients conveying systems, uses batch sheets, and is responsible for accuracy and acknowledgement of ingredient additions, records lot numbers.
- Trouble shoots, rectifies operator problems and reports any downtime exceeding 5 minutes to maintenance and supervisor immediately.
- Refills ingredient bins and any empty containers prior to next shift.
- Keeps work area clean and free of debris.
- Mixer and scaler relieve each other for breaks and lunches.
- Know, understand, and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Insures all product Quality Standards are met.
- Maintains clean & sanitary work areas, machinery, and equipment.
- Perform all tasks and duties required to insure production and efficiency standards are met
- Makes all necessary machinery & equipment adjustments and performs all tasks & duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operations, changeovers and shutdowns.
- Troubleshoots, identifies, and solves process, machinery, and equipment problems within the scope of operator responsibility.
- Know all GMP guidelines.
- Accurately communicates safety, quality, production, maintenance and sanitation issues to supervision and/or the appropriate department personnel.
- Performs all operator preventative maintenance (P.M. S)
- Maintains all production/maintenance/quality records and reports as required.
- Communicates with supervisions and co-workers all information relevant to the manufacturing process.
- Insures the proper set-up for the next shift and communicates to them all the information relevant to the manufacturing process.
- Performs on the job training of new Operators and assists in other training activities which support the manufacturing process.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with these hours.
Skills, Qualifications, and Skills
- High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred
- Previous experience in a baking environment preferred
- A mechanical ability that makes possible the identifying and solving of mechanical and process problems
- Ability to comprehend and read operational manuals and complete written forms (In English).
- Must have good command of The English language.
- Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to write numbers legibly.
- A working knowledge of basic weights and measures used in the batching process.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker.
- The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment.
- With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet.
- Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
- For line manufacturing environment hearing protection is mandatory.
- Employees move between hot and cold environments.
- Temperatures may be around 45F or 100F and in between.
- Hottest temp months between May & September.
- Exposed to moving equipment through the shift.
- Exposed to milk, eggs, butter, chocolate ingredients used in our products.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.