Well established, specialized bakery ingredient company is looking for a Midwest/Chicago regional sales mgr. with bread/bakery ingredient functionality/knowledge. Please see below for add'l. information.
We are seeking an accomplished bakery ingredient sales manager for the mid-west region around (Chicago) and Canada (mainly Greater Toronto and Montreal area).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Increase revenues of existing key customer accounts by maintaining close relationships and communication to understand their needs - both technical and commercial
- Identify and develop new customer accounts through networking and direct contacts
- Coordinate with company sales support to ensure availability and timely delivery of technical support services as well as product training
- Manage the entire selling process – regular customer visits, sharing product information, quotations, order processing, post-delivery follow up
- Stay up to date with the bakery market in the territory, including competitor activities, new market trends, new products, ingredients etc. and regularly report such market activities in the company
- Prepare annual budget based on customer sales forecasts
- Represent the company in the local exhibitions, conferences, and seminars.
- Participate in monthly sales meeting
- Minimum 5 years of bakery ingredient or related sales experience in the territory with proven track record
- Frequently travel within the territory
- Must be able to manage multiple opportunities and related multi-tasking in a large sales territory
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn the technical aspect of the products
- Highly positive attitude and result oriented team player
- Must have working knowledge of productivity software – e.g. MS Office