For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
The Automation Engineer is responsible for the plant-wide programming of automation and controls systems along with facilitating projects, assisting with troubleshooting, training technicians, and implementing new policies and procedures.
What this role is all about:
We are looking for an Automation Engineer in Appleton,WI.
- Responsible for all aspects of HMI#39;s including modifying existing graphics, creating new graphics based on an existing library of blocks, alarms, trends, backing up and restoring HMI projects, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial PC#39;s and touchscreens.
- Configure and interface with many different types of field instruments with both Ethernet/IP and hardwired IO including VFDs, level sensors, flow meters, chart recorders, photo eye#39;s, temperature sensors, etc.
- Modify existing control panels and design new control panels as needed including AC and DC power distribution, fuses, breakers, terminal blocks, power supplies, etc. Must be able to conform to all appropriate electrical standards including NFPA 70E.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet networks as needed. Must have at least a basic understanding of IP addresses, netmasks, gateways, DNS, switches, routers, and cat5(e) wiring.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various communication networks, DH+, ControlNet, DeviceNet, IO Link, etc.
- Troubleshoot and modify existing PLC and HMI programs.
- Write new programs for PLCs, and HMIs.
- Program VFDs, sensors, networks, chart recorders, and miscellaneous devices.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associate or Technical School Degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- PLC/HMI and Drive programming knowledge required.
- Experience using CAD software required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor#39;s Degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experienced may be considered.
- Dairy and project management experience preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our US headquarters is based out of our Appleton, WI, office and is home to approximately 70 employees. While this location does not produce any product, our modern office area is bustling with employees from all areas of the business.
Appleton, WI is a vibrant community of 74,000, nestled along the Fox River and Lake Winnebago. Appleton is part of the Fox Cities and has consistently been named one of the best medium-sized metropolitan areas in the nation based on quality-of-life indicators. With sumptuous food, shopping, arts, culture, and sporting events, Appleton offers it all. Visit the Fox Cities Chamber site http://foxcitieschamber.com/ for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity