Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to insure timely repairs on all of WSI’s Vehicles, forklifts, Trucks, Dozers, Backhoes, Bobcats and Mobile Cranes.
Specific duties include:
· Repair, overhauling all types of automotive and industrial equipment.
· Maintain company vehicles, gas, diesel, and electric forklifts
· Disassemble, inspect and replace worn or broken part, Hydraulic, and Electrical systems.
· Maintain Inventory, Part usage, and records of vehicle maintenance.
· Responsible for the Requisition of parts and maintenance of parts inventory working closely with the Parts
· Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regularly work hours specified.
· Professionally interact with colleagues and co-workers
· Comply with all Company policies and applicable laws
· Other duties as assigned.
· Requires physical ability to 75 pounds.
· Must have strength and endurance, motor skills, and range of motion to effectively repair forklifts, loaders and other equipment.
· Requires normal hearing and sight (corrected).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Experience with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, basic welding skills, lubrication, tune-ups, tire repairs, fueling, troubleshooting, and general repair of vehicles and rolling stock.
· Must possess or be able to acquire a valid Alaska State Driver#39;s License.
· Must have an Automotive Mechanic License or equivalent certification from a Technical School. (ASE Certified Preferred)
· Knowledge of creating and maintaining a safe work environment.
· Must possess the Ability to identify, correct and report Safety Hazards.
· Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Ultipro programs.
· Must be able to use Mp2 system for work orders and parts.
· Pleasant and professional manner in dealing with co-workers, supervisors, employees, outside agencies, and vendors.
· Ability to communicate in the English language, comprehending, speaking, reading and writing in English.
· Ability to function as part of the team, with co-workers, supervisor, and other departments.
· Chosen applicant will be required to supply own tools.
- Westward Seafoods#39; is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all position without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.
- WSI has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy.