Under general supervision of the Executive Director, the primary responsibilities of this position are to schedule certification audits for clients, serve as customer service representative for the certification body, conduct reviews of applications for BRC, HACCP, or SQF Certification audits, conduct spelling/ grammar reviews of certification audit reports, and perform basic administration functions for the certification body.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule certification audits for clients using MS Outlook calendar or other scheduling software as utilized by certification body.
- Serve as frontline customer service representative for certification and direct client communications to appropriate quality and food safety staff.
- Coordinate directly with staff and contract auditors for scheduling audits and completing certification service agreement and other relevant tasks by reviewing relevant documents received from current and new sites /clients.
- Conduct and document review of certification applications to include checks for the following: completeness of application, conflict of interest in assigned auditor, and agreement between products and processes disclosed on application and audit scope.
- As assigned, assess audit reports for completeness and correctness in compliance and non-compliance references throughout body of the report.
- Conduct document spelling and grammar review of auditors’ certification audit reports.
- Communicate with auditors and Executive Director regarding discrepancies or missing required documents to be provided after the audit is completed.
- Conform to confidentiality and record keeping requirements of the accreditation program.
- Update certification body documents and forms according to document control procedures as required under guidance of Executive Director.
- Provide courteous and prompt customer service to existing and new customers.
- Contact potential lead for new business and provide related certification requirements.
- Develop monthly billing and review AR aging report and contact sites for outstanding payments.
- Generate contract auditor paperwork as directed.
- Maintain audit tracking, certification paperwork.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Food Science, Biology or related fields and disciplines (with a science minor considered).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a customer service or administrative role, preferred.
- Broad knowledge/ experience of various foods-beverage processing operations preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Proactive, innovative, persistent, outgoing, accountable, and resourceful.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO COMPLETE THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.