This opportunity is with a leader in the food industry. Their culture focuses on continuous improvement, with a need for leaders and workers who want to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and enjoy finding ways to add value. The company is recognized as a world class manufacturer by its peers. Despite challenges faced by food manufacturers in the United States, this company has experienced vast amounts of growth in a short time period, offering applicants an attractive opportunity.
Audit and Compliance Manager
similar job titles: SQF Practitioner, QA Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Control Manager, QC Manager
Job Summary: The Audit and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that food products meet required standards. Develop and review quality and food safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors. Train quality assurance employees and oversee manufacturing and production processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical-related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of related managerial experience in a food manufacturing environment; bakery or snack foods experience highly preferred.
- Extensive experience with customer, external, and internal auditing -- mock recalls.
- High familiarity with the 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act (FMSA)
- Knowledge and experience working in an SQF level 3 facility preferred.
- SQF Practitioner
- HACCP certification
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Experience with Pathogen Environmental Monitoring (PEM) programs.
- HACCP, FDA, & GMP knowledge.
This job offers the following
- Outstanding opportunities with a world-class organization.
- Excellent benefits.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?