Processors work aboard at-sea processing vessels in the Bering Sea, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Alaska and Aleutian Islands.
Working onboard an at sea processing vessel is physically and mentally challenging. The environment is wet and cold and the shifts are long. The job requires physical endurance, repetitive lifting, agility, prolonged periods of standing, teamwork and self-discipline. Crew members make a contractual commitment to being at sea for extended periods of time, leaving family and friends at home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convert raw product being fished into a frozen-at-sea, marketable product ready for sale
- Sort fish by species, size and condition
- Tend and operate machinery
- Inspect product to ensure it meets Glacier Fish Company quality standards
- Package, weigh and label product
- Place product into freezers
- Operate and clean factory equipment
- Participate in offload of frozen product at end of trip
- Load and unload other supplies on the vessel
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing or production capacity; seafood processing experience is a plus
- Work 16 hours per day, 7 days a week in all kinds of weather conditions
- 65 day contract
- Understand instructions and safety rules in English
- Board and exit vessel without assistance by climbing up and down a gangway or Jacob#39;s ladder
- Capable of climbing and descending steep stairs and vertical ladders
- Perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Be away from medical attention for up to 3 months
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Share spaces with others including crew quarters, dining areas and bathrooms
- Free Room and Board
- Eligible for 401K after 1 year
- Health/Dental benefits once eligibility requirements are met
- Crew Percentage Based
- option to extend contract up to 90 days
To Apply: Please visit our website at https://northstarfishing.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete an application or upload your resume.
North Star Fishing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.