Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Associate Supply Planner will develop and maintain the Master Production Schedule for selected plants and products. This position will create daily plans for short term supply and demand and weekly plans for long term supply and demand. The Associate Supply Planner is responsible for achieving the maximum return on assets including inventory levels based on with guidance from Sr. Planner or Manager.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains the optimum Master Production Schedule to obtain maximum ROA from given facilities with direction from Sr. Planner or Manager. These plans must meet both the short and long term goals.
- Creates and maintains the optimum inventory profile to ensure fulfillment of customer requirements, taking into account forecast accuracy, schedule compliance and production smoothing requirements. Also must monitor over production, to control no excess product, causing Revenue Deficient Sales (RDS).
- Reviews forecast with Demand Planning to review issues such as product mix or capacity constraints. Examples would be identification of excess product in the future or feature requirements exceeding capacity at the default plant and assignment of volume to alternate facilities. Associate Supply Planners will assign the default plant to new customers after reviewing the full impact of the additional volume and getting agreement from Senior Planner and/or Manager.
- Works as part of the Sales and Operations Planning team to review the forward plan and past performance. This will also involve a constant dialogue with respective plants, Demand Planning, Order Management and Distribution.
- Constantly monitors and reviews the supply models in Manugistics, Excel and SAP, including all the automatic, overnight processes and interfaces between these systems. Daily exception reports will be produced and communicated to the plants and supply management, where parameters are missing. For example, where supply may not meet demand or stock is low, and customer orders will be shorted.
- Monitors exceptions on a daily basis and communicate with Order Management as to the most effective solution – advises of any modifications to the supply plan and options for utilizing inventory.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Math or Finance is preferred, plus 1 – 3 years of related work experience is preferred. In the absence of a Bachelors degree, total work experience should equal 5-6 years.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of production planning and optimizing within constraints.
- Above average numerate and analytical skills and good working knowledge of Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of SAP as it relates to inventory and the master production schedule. Sound business and industry experience essential.
- Advanced working knowledge of computers, including Windows, Excel and an understanding of how data is passed between systems.
- Ability to travel overnight to customer, vendor and plant locations.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.