Dannon in WBS R&I is looking for an Associate Product Developer in White Plains, NY.
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation(R) in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
The Associate Product Developer is responsible for designing product formula and processes for renovation, innovation, and value improvement projects. This position involves strong interactions with our internal cross functional team and our external suppliers, hands on bench development and analytical work, pilot plant scale ups, managing formula cost, creating technical specifications (ingredients, product, and process), conducting and coordinating industrial tests in plants, and assisting in industrial scale up. The candidate must be able to represent R&D interests within the company during all projects.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Managing projects according STAGE GATE PROCESS methodology.
- Act as R&D driver on product attributes definition vs consumer expectations as well as technical solutions within each project team.
- Develop formulations and processes to deliver on consumer expectations, within project food safety, costs and timing requirements.
- Design pilot trials, organize tasting sessions with Marketing, and draw conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Participate in consumer test design, organize sample production and ensure product quality follow up.
- Support scale up / industrialization with Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
- Collaborate with suppliers to obtain best results for product development.
- Participate as an R&D representative for product launch/start up by preparing all specifications related to product line and ensure that all documentation needed is available prior to start up.
- Network with global R&D community to share in best practices.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Food Science or closely related field.
- 1-3 years#39; experience in a related field, preferably CPG Industry.
- Flexibility to travel (25%).
- Strong project management/organization and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proficient in computer skills.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Food Safety, Information Technology, Programmer, Developer, Engineering, Quality, Technology