At Shearer s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Associate Procurement Manager in Massillon, OH
Your seat at the table
Procurement organization is seeking an Associate Procurement Manager that will be responsible for oversight and management of key projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Plan for and budget all the Procurement resources and systems necessary to support projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develops supply and sourcing strategies with research and planning, including simple to complex requests for information, requests for proposal, and competitive bids
- Researches cost saving opportunities, presents opportunities to stakeholders, gains acceptance, and drives effective cost savings programs
- Monitors function s and supplier s performance against goals, analyzes and documents results and initiates appropriate responses to satisfy requirements
- Manages performance and development of suppliers to meet specified KPI targets and goals including administration of supplier evaluation programs
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships with departments external to Procurement to achieve goals and improvement opportunities in a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture
- Applies expertise to recommend cost effective alternatives to meet needs and promote innovative solutions to drive growth
- Assists with development, implementation and management of effective procurement best practices, policies and procedures
What you bring to the table
- BS Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in procurement
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Proven working experience as a project administrator
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office software skills
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proven leadership capability
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!