Our client, an international giant in the Consumer Food Industry, seeks an Associate Principal Scientist as an addition to staff for it's fast growing Nutritional/Microbiology Division:
We are seeking an Associate Principal Scientist to lead research and innovation efforts in digestive health with a focus on the role of the microbiome.
This role is integral to shape the company’s strategy across product categories in these areas. The position will engage and work closely with product development and business teams to drive product innovation.
It will provide leadership for the clinical research program to develop new product benefits and claims with a clear emphasis on proprietary opportunities in the areas of the gut microbiome. It will also involve the communication of scientific and nutrition information to non-technical functions such as marketing, consumer insights, and legal teams.
- Effectively assess existing and emerging nutrition science to provide R&D and business teams with science-based innovation opportunities.
- Lead the design and execution of human clinical research studies on products and ingredients with an emphasis on how diet impacts health through the microbiome. Translate results to business opportunities and communicate to R&D and business partners.
- Leverage external partnerships with global academic experts, scientific organizations, research institutes to expand network and create efficiencies in research and communications.
- Interact with ingredient suppliers to assess the scientific strength of ingredient health benefits to support product claims and collaborate with R&D teams on feasibility assessment for use in a variety of product formats.
- Monitor and track product nutritional profiles, key ingredients, and claims of key business categories and those of the competitive set. Provide strategic guidance to R&D and business teams to guide product development.
- Communicate nutrition science information in a user-ready format for the non-technical functions in the business including marketing, consumer insights, PR, sale, and legal.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Ph.D. in Nutrition Sciences, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Expertise in conducting human clinical research on the gut microbiome and deep understanding of the scientific methods and data analysis techniques used.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively in cross-functional and global teams.
- Ability to translate complex scientific information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical and scientific writing expertise for general, professional, and scientific audiences.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds, personalities, and work styles within various levels of the global organization.
- Travel required is approximately 25%.
- Post-doctoral training preferred.
This is a growth opportunity!
You must have a valid Green Card or be a Permanent Resident of the USA to be considered for this position.