Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Associate Master Data Analyst will support operations by monitoring and analyzing material and production master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organization. Collaborative involvement with department associates in decision making for the compliance of established data governance rules and procedures and activities within the Supply Chain. Under Direct supervision, assists with making informed decisions based on Causal Analysis Data, Analysis Data Gathering, Discussion, Fact-Finding, Collaboration including other activities that mitigate risk of data implementations.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality. Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity. Collaborates with supervisor, subject matter experts and data stewards to assists in design and implementation of data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable
- Assists with managing, analyzing, and resolving data initiative issues with close direction of supervisor to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards
- Provides assistance to Manager and makes some independent decisions for resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements
- Assists in writing queries in DSP, writing load programs from DSP to SAP, maintaining Optiva data and performing advanced functions in Excel (writing Macros) and other applications for analysis and report outputs. Also assists with maintaining and flowing data to GDS, 1WorldSync Salsify and other 3rd party systems.
- Bachelors degree in Information Science, Data Management, Computer Science or related field. Associates Degree and relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelors Degree.
- 0 - 3 years experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to apply learned techniques to critical thinking skills to achieve successful results for the company
- Ability to work on a team and independently
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.