Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $3.8 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Associate Marketing Manager (Canada Division) will be focused on supporting category development, key initiatives and execution of the category operating plan. This position will support driving growth within the category and collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver financial objectives. The Associate role will be entry level into Canada Marketing organization with the opportunity to develop Marketing competencies required for Marketing Manager advancement. The position is located in Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada.
- Support the development of long range category Operating plan
- Collaboration on plan development inclusive of: situation assessment, market overview, insights/observations, strategic building blocks, tactical execution.
- Supports product development- drive both innovation and renovation projects for category portfolios
- Fast adapt US based innovation for Marketplace launch in Canada.
- Customize/innovate/renovate portfolio for strategic customers.
- Strong linkage/connectivity to Category Business Units (CBU) and Buffalo World Head Quarter (monthly visits)
- Product knowledge- builds expertise in overall category with strong external bias on market/competitors/Rich’s.
- P&L Management- supports development of general pricing, customer pricing and optimizing costs within P&L with guidance/oversight from manager.
- Evaluates pricing/P&Ls on a quarterly basis.
- Determine opportunities to source more product from Canada due to cost structure.
- Drive vol/mix for overall category to ensure focus against most profitable SKU’s.
- Collaboration with Sales channel/segment leads to support growth opportunities and/or defend base business, inclusive of promotion, trade, incentives, placement.
- Support customer presentations both in terms of content and presentation in front of customer.
- Support Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process inclusive of: demand plan inputs for category, new product review governance to achieve targets.
- Administers overall budgets/targets related to: trade, pricing, marketing spends.
- Establishes strong presence with CBU and other cross functional stake holders at Buffalo WHQ- knowledgeable on overall plan, leverages overall scale on innovation and influences outcome on early product/program development.
What we are looking for
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment across different functional groups.
- Ability to lead and influence multifunctional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and passion for learning.
People Development - We take people development seriously and offer potential growth opportunities and ongoing training.
Challenge - Work within a fast-paced, ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs.
Experience – Work closely with passionate and professional associates across multi functions including Sales, Marketing and Culinary.
Career Progression - Potential for future opportunities in sales, marketing, customer marketing, culinary and more.
- University degree required, preferably in business/commerce or marketing.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience (sales, marketing or planning functions); Experience is food industry a plus.
- Marketing experience preferred.
- Showcases ability to be analytical – ability to develop financial and business acumen (P&L management, strategic planning, critical thinking).
- Persuasive communicator with ability to influence and shape business recommendations, inclusive of strong presentation skills, written skills- both internally and externally.
- Professional- team player, personable, results driven with a genuine care in other people’s success.
In accordance with the Canadian Human Rights Act, Rich Products of Canada Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ) will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, age, sex, record of offences, marital status, family status, handicap, sexual orientation or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, provincial, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under certain provincial or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.