In marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the brand and portfolio you manage, including consumer insights, advertising, consumer promotion, shopper marketing, new products, sales, operations and finance. As a member of this team, your responsibilities can include leading the development of integrated marketing efforts, leading advertising and packaging development, creating and executing media strategies and plans, championing new products, advancing consumer insights and brand strategy, and collaborating with sales teams to develop strategic customer partnerships. You will be energized by your work because your contributions will make a difference.
Associate Marketing Director
Fresh Dinner Sausage and Alternative Channels
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Johnsonville is committed to becoming the "Best Company in the World.” This position will drive growth in our iconic Fresh Dinner Sausage category and growing Alternative Channels business, within a culture that embraces change and empowers members. Build sustaining and collaborative relationships with team members across the organization and with key customers. Become “The Expert” on consumer needs within the Fresh Sausage Occasion, providing the insights that propel Johnsonville’s business forward.
- Drive the thinking behind the biggest product segment of the Johnsonville brand, consisting of our flagship product line, brats, and our national share leading Italian sausage businesses
- Grow our Alternative Channels business with strategic long-term plans tailored to these consumers and customers
- Assist other marketing leaders in supporting organizational strategies and objectives to drive growth of the Johnsonville brand
- Manage short-term (annual) and long-term (3-5 years) strategy and planning for Fresh Dinner Sausage, including identification of “key consumer insights,” development of marketing plans and leadership of growth initiatives
- Drive continuous enhancement of product quality that strengthens our brand equity and extends the gap vs. key competitors
- Build a strong collaborative partnership with cross-functional team members and agency partners
- Work closely with key members of the sales team and directly with customers when appropriate to drive success for both Johnsonville and customers
- Profit and loss management for Johnsonville Fresh Dinner Sausage and Alternative Channels businesses
Key Deliverables for this position:
- Effective activation of brand strategy to grow the business
- Drive strategy insight, partnership and program development for a key customer. This includes working with a Customer Focused Team to drive key programs that deliver HICS (highest impact on customer success).
- Development of the annual plan and long-term vision for both Fresh Dinner Sausage and Alternative Channels
- Implement learning from key analytic resources to drive more efficient and effective marketing programs
- Continuous improvement based upon personal learning and stretching that results in lifting the skills of the entire marketing team
- A positive, team-oriented attitude that contributes to the overall culture of the marketing team and perception of the marketing team within the organization
- Serve as the internal champion for ideas that move business, communicating succinctly and gaining the support of senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and MBA is required
- 10 years of progressive brand management experience required, ideally with a CPG food brand
- Experience addressing the needs of consumers and retail customers while successfully delivering brand building programs
- Experience marketing against a grilling or cooking enthusiast, personal culinary passion or consumer insights knowledge for meat industry brands, all strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in growing brands
- Demonstrated ability to create new business and elevate existing business to higher levels of performance
- Experience and success in leading collaborative cross-functional teams and presenting outputs to a broad range of internal and external personnel
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly entrepreneurial; consistent initiative and proactivity
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide actionable recommendations
- Consistently pushes creativity and innovation
Date: June 23, 2020
Location: Sheboygan Falls, WI
(Our office is about an hour north of Milwaukee)
Coach: Group Marketing Director
(We don’t have bosses at Johnsonville. We have Coaches.)
Member Status: Full Time, Salaried
(At Johnsonville, you are not an employee. You are a Member and, yes, Membership has its privileges – like the ability to buy sausage at great discounts. Our more traditional benefits are great, too.)
Travel: About 20% of your time
External candidates: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
About our Company
Since 1945, our family-owned brand of sausage-makers has invented better ways to make, eat and prepare crave-able sausage. Today, we are 2,000 Members strong. We sell our famous sausage in all 50 United States and more than 40 countries. We have a culture built on the idea that if we make developing your talents our top priority, great business results will follow naturally. We call it The Johnsonville Way. It has been our secret sauce for decades, and we hope you get to experience it for yourself!
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.