The Associate Manager, Trade Planning and Execution is responsible for the coordination of the Smithfield planning process to include pricing and promotion plans by our Sales Managers and Brokers . This role serves as a liaison between our Sales and Business Management teams and will help facilitate the collaborative review process to secure approval of account plans and individual agreements.
- Facilitates the trade planning process by working with the assigned Sales team to create sound customer pricing & trade plans key customers.
- Understands the dynamics between pricing & trade spending for all key customers within the assigned territory. Learns how to apply syndicated data and analytic tools to create insights & build smarter plans.
- Working with your Sales Development Manager, serve as a primary liaison between your assigned Sales team and internal teams such as Business Management, Demand Planning, and Marketing.
- Coordinates the creation of plans that achieve company objectives and ensures those agreements are understood when they are reviewed for approval.
- In conjunction with business management, creates & communicates company policies/objectives/goals to field sales regarding price & trade planning.
- Helps communicate & adhere to an effective planning process/schedule.
- Coordinates reports that track all trade spending including summarizing actual versus planned performance on a monthly/YTD basis.
- Facilitates plan roll-up & fund close-out processes to help insure plan implications and that P&L reports are completed accurately and timely.
- Identifies and develops support for end user training needs to ensure that all sales team members are using the system effectively and efficiently.
- Facilitate plan roll-up and fund close-out processes to help insure plan implications and that P&L reports are completed accurately and timely.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 3+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Relevant Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience in sales, marketing, category management, or trade marketing, preferred.
- Must exhibit solid understanding of product management and customer trade planning processes.
- Solid understanding of product management and customer trade planning processes.
- Strong presentation skills to facilitate communication of key insights and best practices that help enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite: including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing \"Good food. Responsibly.®\" and have made us one of the world#39;s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan#39;s Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.