- Focus will be on the implementation of effective manufacturing of food safe products.
- Person will also interact heavily with the QC and QA teams as well as Regulatory and Operations.
- Manage technical project requests from product creation through manufacturing with assistance from others, as needed.
- Meet all necessary criteria of project including but not limited to cost guidelines, nutrition requirements, packaging requirements, shelf life requirements, visual/flavor/texture requirements, outside testing, customer and marketing interaction.
- As needed, accurately make samples for customer’s evaluation and send accordingly with all required information (letter, label, etc.)
- Manage, maintain and update all information related to project work (ex: project file, R&D Brokernet, R&D Marcam System, various R&D spreadsheets related to product, etc.)
- Enter nutrition information into Genesis system
- Research new ingredients and contact ingredient suppliers for information and samples.
- Interact with Quality and Regulatory on compliance and plant QA quality issues.
- Follow all plant GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) procedures.
- Identify root cause of problems and implement corrective action.
High School Degree Required, Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field preferred
Minimum 1 year of experience developing food products preferred