This job posting is an "Evergreen Requisition" designed to gather talent for current or future open positions. It Is a way for Conagra to expedite the hiring process when there is a need to fill that type of role. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest in a particular job function within Conagra. Your application will be reviewed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist who may reach out to learn more about your career interests, and how that may best fit with Conagra. In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available.
As an Associate Food Scientist, you are an essential contributor to product development. You will bring a food forward and culinary focused mindset to improve or bring new products to the table. With a curiosity for consumer demand and food trends, you#39;ll bring your science background to life to create products that are an asset to Conagra#39;s snacking portfolio.
What You#39;ll Do:
- Develop new products beginning at the concept phase through successful commercialization
- Conduct plant trials and new product startups
- Plan, prioritize and complete tasks while maintaining accurate and complete records
- Work with pilot plant equipment under guidance
- Use online specification system
- Create experiments and prepare results for review
- Understand the consumer demand spaces and develop new products prototypes to appeal to customers
- Assist team with product cutting, plant trials, and testing
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area, including the cleaning of equipment, utensils and work surfaces.
What You#39;ll Bring:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Food Science or related field
- 1 year of relevant work or intern experience
- Experience with ingredient functionality and cost savings projects
- Curiosity of consumer demand and innovations within the CPG and culinary space
- Knowledge in food product design, formulation, process design, product scale-up, plant testing and commercialization
- Work in and around cramped/confined spaces
- Climb with stairs or ladders
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Use tools, equipment, and machinery
- Drive a company or rental vehicle for up to 6 hours as needed
- May travel up to 30% of time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible CAG representative.
- Exposure to food tasting and smells including all food allergens
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America#39;s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that#39;s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender#39;s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie#39;s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke#39;s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.