Dairy Farmers of America has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to manage the Master Data Management (MDM) department for those business units operating in the ERP (SAP) environment. This position plays a key role for DFA to meet the business objectives by leveraging our data elements by driving continuous improvement of our accuracy, compliance and process management.
This role will lead and drive process improvements within the Master Data Management team. Be accountable for defining end-to-end data solutions (process, technology, policy and people), strategy definition and roadmap for SAP enterprise data to meet the current and future needs of the organization. Function as the key contact for business stakeholders to coordinate the analysis, cleansing, extraction and transformation of the SAP master data. Establish a Master Data Governance Council while partnering with Finance, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, IT and other teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and publish global data standards, master data dictionary, data governance policies and processes required to effectively manage enterprise master data. Modify these standards, policies and processes as needed when business and/or systems change
- Enhance processes to manage the master data lifecycle, data entry processes and controls and enhancements across the various data elements
- Develop KPIs to monitor and measure actual data quality and process effectiveness that point to tangible business value
- Own the implementation and execution of enterprise data governance and data quality framework
- Design, develop, and implement data governance guidelines in coordination with the master data governance council
- Apply material master data entry processes and controls to ensure optimal data quality and functionality
- Develop communications and training to inform key stakeholders and master data owners of processes, contacts, roles, responsibilities, project updates, and performance metrics
- Recommend positive changes to technical landscape and ways of working as a means to enhance productivity and better alignment with business
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.