Within our corporate Procurement team located in Denver - Leprino is seeking an Associate Director of Direct Procurement to strategically lead the direct materials procurement team and to ensure optimized supply positions.
- Supervise the daily activities and sets priorities for the team to drive supplier quality and service performance, cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives, supplier innovation, and risk management activities.
- Provide mentorship as needed in all aspects of category management and procurement operations.
- Collaborate with Operations, Supply Chain, Technical Services, Product Development, and Quality Assurance on supplier related issues and opportunities.
- Responsible for leading a group of Procurement Managers, a Procurement Analyst and a Procurement Assistant.
- Actively own the processes for performance management, developing employees and engagement.
- Establish goal and objectives that meet or exceed targets in areas like value delivery, supplier relationship management, etc.
- Get results in value commitment in the form of cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Support the procurement team through the primary spend categories; ingredients (excluding milk), packaging, and energy.
- Actively work with Corporate QA to ensure that all raw materials and packaging meet our specifications and food safety requirements.
- Lead all aspects of the development and execution of sourcing strategies and category management.
- Own the establishment of category Key Performance Indicators for assigned categories and track performance in coordination with key customer groups.
- Actively manage and influence key supplier relationships to enable continuous improvement performance in the areas of quality improvement, cost savings, value enhancement, and innovation.
- Proactively drive and manage supply risk mitigation activities.
We#39;d Love To Hear From You If You:
- Have a Bachelor#39;s Degree in an Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business, or related subject area.
- Are an experienced procurement leader in food or beverage. Non-negotiable as a deep understanding of food safety regulations is a MUST - pharmaceutical experience would also be considered.
- Have ingredient procurement experience. We will train someone on the packaging piece!
- Have experience managing an annual spend of at least $100 million.
- Have 10 years of direct category AND strategic procurement experience.
- Have managed sourcing/category managers in previous role.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We Hope You Also Have:
- Packaging and energy procurement experience.
- 3 years as a people leader within procurement or strategic sourcing space.
- ERP system experience (SAP would be highly preferred).
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
- At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $134,000 and $164,000.
Leprino Foods#39; history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We#39;ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world#39;s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the "World#39;s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that bold vision, we#39;re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at https://www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Nearest Major Market: Denver