Background & Purpose of the Job
The US Hair business is among the largest in Unilever businesses globally, and as such plays a vital role in the performance of Unilever as a whole. Finding growth for the US business is becoming more challenging, but the key to it is ensuring our brand offerings and communications reach the right audiences to excite and meet consumer wants and needs.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You generate powerful insights: beyond listening to consumers, you have a curious nature and interest in understanding how and why consumers use our categories and brands as well as ways we can improve their experiences. You will provide these insights to identify business opportunities.
You generate breakthrough ideas: grounded in understanding how our products and communications can differentiate our brands from others.
You’re a story teller: who can help others see the possibilities, distilling various data sources into one clear story to provoke action. You’re comfortable with numbers and appreciate analytics to help tell a story.
You’re a dot connector: who will develop true partnerships and work collaboratively with various cross-functional teams to drive projects and help bring ideas to life.
- Be responsible for leading and driving the engagement agenda on one or more Hair brands. This includes communication development through media understanding and media impact in market.
- Partner with Marketing, Media team, Media Agency, and Research Agencies on key business objectives/needs related to:
- communications development and testing
- data driven marketing including audience development
- in-market measurement including tracking and in-market optimization
- Lead in-market tracking/optimizations for market specific campaigns (in partnership with the PDC/media agencies) to identify and determine what has/hasn’t worked and embed these insights into future work.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in Marketing, Consumer Market Insights, Innovation, Entrepreneurism, Professional Consulting experience required
- Prior exposure and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques required
- MS Office proficiency required (MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess flexibility in an unstructured environment
- Personal passion for trends and insight mining
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, to present clearly, simplify complex topics and influence decision-making
- Comfortable working independently with coaching from line manager