Associate Category Management Manager, Walgreens
Location: Chicago, IL
The Associate Category Management Manager performs a valuable role in building a strong partnership with Walgreens by developing and implementing insight driven recommendations to grow their respective categories. This position is responsible for leading the development and sharing of Category Management foundations and directives throughout the organization for the assigned category.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a born leader: You will become the “go to” Category Management resource for your customers thru providing actionable insightful recommendations.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Your insights and analysis will provide growth recommendations to both the Category and Unilever.
You’re a story teller: You will use data and category management capabilities to create presentations which will sell in growth opportunities.
You’re a dot connector: You will analyze data to link to business opportunities and proactively make both strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Drive Best in Class Category Management principles as well as Consumer and Shopper Insights
- Provide Category expertise and recommendations for assigned categories
- Develop strong relationships with various levels of management at the customer and Unilever
- Pro-actively support Team Lead/Customer Business Managers ( “CBM”) on key business opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Shelving guidelines/best practices – Establish and deliver best-in-class merchandising recommendations
- Management of data tools – Optimization of category management tools – assortment and space management. Proficient understanding of IRI, Walgreens loyalty (Unify), Microsoft office required.
- SKU rationalization/projection methodology – Develop and employ standardized processes for SKU rationalization
- 2-4 years Category Management experience; ability to analyze information and provide insight driven recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum
- Ability to work from home and be self-directed across multiple categories
- Ability to multi task and work on multiple projects at once supporting CBMs
- Excellent planning, analytical, communication skills required
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel and presentation skills
- Experience and working knowledge of Category Management principles, IRI, Shopper/Consumer Insights preferred
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development | Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
- Opportunity to work with iconic, global brands
- Competitive compensation package including base salary & bonus structure
- Medical & Dental Plans
- Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
- Health Care Flexible Spending
- Dependent Care
- 401k Savings Plans
- Agile/ Flexible Work Arrangements
- Paid Vacation and Holidays