The Associate Brand Manager helps in leading and supporting critical product development, channel strategy, brand awareness and distribution initiatives, promotional efforts, and data insights reporting.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Associate Brand Manager has direct and frequent interaction with executives, ownership, and key stakeholders across the company. This vital role offers an exciting opportunity to help influence decisions and strategy on the ground level of a small brand with tremendous upside, and to gain further experience in project management.
- Support and execute marketing objectives and plan.
- Act as brand expert regarding positioning, products, category, competition, business performance, etc.
- Be the subject matter expert on product categories and provide insight and recommendations based on market (consumption) data and trends.
- Help develop and execute a close-in and new platform 3-year innovation plan.
- Identify and develop new products, product improvements, packaging improvements, and line extensions.
- Track and analyze performance of all core/new products.
- Lead product development and collaborate with a cross-functional team to ensure innovation plan is executed.
- Lead cross-functional project team to execute plans and provide direction on day-to-day management of business issues and opportunities.
- Mentor, develop, and collaborate with other marketing team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ brand management experience in consumer packaged goods
- Working knowledge of IRI/Nielsen POS and Panel Data a plus
- Integrity: Must value honesty and transparency above all else
- Proven ability to rally people around your projects and initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with ability identify key insights and formulate recommendations from market data
- Experience in developing and coaching a team to establish and achieve goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and PowerPoint