Associate Brand Manager - Walnut Creek, CA
The Consumer Marketing team at Basic American Foods (BAF) is a small but mighty group that champions our brands and create mealtime victories for households every day! You will grow the business by helping to commercialize a well-stocked innovation pipeline and make good commercial choices about programs and spend to impact consumer behavior. This is a high-energy role that sits at the heart of marketing, innovation, and business growth.
Hungry Jack (licensed from JM Smucker) and Idaho Spuds are our dried potato brands and we hold a ##3 position in the category after Idahoan and Betty Crocker, national distribution, and a fast-growing Club and Value business. We are developing a pipeline of innovative ideas that you will help grow and launch in 2021 and beyond. BAF has significant product, R&D, and manufacturing assets that are being leveraged as the company seeks to be more competitive in today#39;s market.
What a "Day in the Life" is Like
Working in close partnership with the Sr Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager (ABM) is great at executing marketing and innovation projects to grow revenue and win market share from our competitors. As a small, innovative, and resourceful team, the emphasis is on product, price, packaging, and placement to drive growth. Like many successful small food brands today, the focus is not to try and choose between short term payback and long term brand building but to understand the true impact of marketing actions on the consumer#39;s journey from awareness to post purchase satisfaction and referral. Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading on business reporting and insights (share, volume and revenue drivers, competition) to drive business objectives
- Leading cross-functional teams on specific innovation initiatives, including product development, sensory testing, forecasting and go-to-market strategy and planning
- Development and execution of shopper and consumer marketing programs and new pack designs
- Marketing budget management
- Supporting efficient supply chain management through forecasting
- Creating national level selling stories and materials customizable for specific channels and customers in partnership with the Sales team
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
We#39;re Looking for Someone With:
The role requires someone who has proven experience executing marketing, packaging and innovation initiatives very well and understands the basics of shipment, consumption and panel data
- 3+ plus years of experience in CPG marketing, preferably in food.
- Bachelor#39;s degree is required; MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven experience executing marketing, packaging, and innovation initiatives.
- Outstanding analytic abilities, including an understanding of P&L, shipment, consumption, and panel data.
- Excellent project management skills and specifically, the ability to influence through insight and data.
- Proven experience aligning cross-functional team members to complete projects within cost and time constraints
- Highly-entrepreneurial and a task-oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills.
Additional attributes that set you apart:
- Action-oriented with a passion to meet daily challenges with a positive "can-do" attitude and a strong sense of urgency. Can toggle between doing and thinking.
- Can balance thoughtful deliberation with decisiveness when operating in a resource-constrained environment.
- Driven by results and strongly believes in accountability for self and others.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to forge cross-functional partnerships through influence rather than authority.
- Self-aware and willing to listen and learn; emphasizes the importance of continuously learning.
- Creative, yet analytical mind with a problem-solving orientation.
- Possess a common-sense approach to business issues.
You#39;ll Love Working Here if You:
- Love what you do, and it shows. Our employees are passionate about what they do and enjoy challenging work.
- Are knowledgeable and confident, but never boastful. While we are proud of our company, our team and the products we create, we are humble and down-to-earth at our core.
- Are guided by a deep belief in integrity & personal values. This is a part of our employees#39; personal value systems as much as it is the organization#39;s.
- Hold yourself and others accountable, while always maintaining dignity and respect for yourself and those around you.
- Believe in professional development for ourselves, as well as support the development of others.