The Business Intelligence Tools Data Engineer has overall ownership, management, and administrative responsibilities for the company#39;s business intelligence tools.
The work is completed 100% remote anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• BI tool server administration
• BI tool system administration (such as server maintenance, upgrades, and patches)
• Change management
• Monitoring server activity to identify possible performance issues/needed enhancements
• Develop dashboards and scripts to monitor BI tool health
• Performance tuning and server management of BI tool server environment
• Write technical design documentation
• Develop and document standards/best practices for BI tool administration
• Supports BI tool users to include insights and analytics team
Education / Training: Bachelor#39;s degree in Computer Science or similar required.
Related Experience: 1+ years of data engineering or BI Tool Administration experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Experience in BI tool administration
• Works and communicates effectively with all levels of management
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Must work well within team-oriented environments
• Self-direction: The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
• Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communications skills required. Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Script writing to automate processes or monitor BI tools (alerting)
• Supporting self-service reporting and analytics
• Best practices for analytics and BI tool administration
• Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer, Security and Network firewall
Proficiency in two or more of the following:
Nice to have:
• Development skills in Tableau
• Oracle, MySQL, other relational databases
• Project Management
• SDLC processes
• Use of CI/CD tools
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $58,300.00 and $77,700.00. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits.