Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Associate Accounting Manager, Supply Chain Accounting is responsible for providing financial management and oversight and serving as the subject matter expert over the Snacks supply chain accounting. This includes the manufacturing, inventory valuation, warehousing, and distribution processes. This position will partner closely with the Snacks division supply chain finance team (both at the division headquarters and the field locations), with similar roles over the Meals & Beverage division and with an offshore third-party support team.
To be successful in this role (and to pivot that success into another opportunity) requires thought leadership as a subject matter expert and the ability to adapt quickly. It also requires the ability to teach others, to document process breakdowns and to find practical/sustainable resolutions to challenges.
Successful candidates will also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management skills – prioritization is key;
- The ability to interact well with a diverse set of team members, external partners, auditors, etc. (adjusting to your audience);
- Being a confident self-starter who can architect paths forward independently;
- Not being change adverse. Being comfortable in an ever-changing environment and willing to be flexible as priorities shift;
- Having a continuous improvement mindset (identifying opportunities, proposing solutions and executing corrections);
- Taking ownership over tasks and processes in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure;
- Possessing a strong working understanding of the SAP ERP system as run within the Campbell organization, as well as the various bolt-on applications used (Blackline, Smart Close, etc.).
- Paying attention to the details; and
- Having a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Support the monthly financial close process by performing close activities and aiding in research/troubleshooting closing issues and identifying process improvements to streamline and eliminate non value-add activities and tasks. Oversee and monitor monthly close steps and various account reconciliation processes across the division.
- Evaluation and assessment of global general and cost accounting procedures with a focus on driving process improvement and enterprise-wide consistency. Functional user support of the global general and cost accounting SAP modules working with cross-functional teams globally to develop processes and solutions for SAP transactions and assist users across plant and HQ functions in troubleshooting to achieve solutions for optimizing the users’ SAP experience.
- Maintain a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Oversee and monitor activities of third-party outsourced service provider, ensuring alignment across team and processes.
- Be a strong value-added business partner to the Corporate Controllers group, the Division Finance teams, and the functional counterparts.
- Manage and assist with special projects as assigned by the accounting & finance team leadership as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification strongly preferred.
- 4-8 years of relevant accounting experience required; supply chain/cost accounting experience strongly preferred; relevant industry experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements required.
- Highly motivated and proactive in problem solving required.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines and business demands preferred.
- Experience with SAP and/or Blackline a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interact well with a diverse set of team members, external partners, auditors, etc. and adjust to your audience.
- A continuous improvement mindset (identifying opportunities, proposing solutions and executing corrections).
- Taking ownership over tasks and processes in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- A strong attention to detail.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.