The Assistant Transportation Manager is responsible for assisting the Transportation Manager in supervising daily operations, monitoring performance, identifying safety issues, and resolving conflicts of a multi-temperature, technology-driven warehouse with a focus on safety, efficiency, and productivity. They also assist in the training and development of transportation personnel.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or,
- 5 to 8 years of experience in the Transportation industry
- Excellent time management skills regarding staff priorities
- Customer oriented, maintaining relations with carriers and drivers
- Financial abilities including the management of revenues and rate calculations
- Experience within the transportation industry, managing and overseeing
- Issues with the legalities, financing and logistical support surrounding transport and personnel
- Experienced with all aspects of equipment, trailers, repair, and leasing
- Knowledgeable regarding DAT Load Board, posting, routing, and USDA hotspots throughout the country
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide logistical and transport services for TFT products nationwide
- Manage personnel within the Transportation Department furnishing transport and logistical solutions to The Father’s Table
- Work hand in hand with shipping/receiving to maximize productivity regarding the scheduling of transporters delivering and picking up products from various points throughout the U.S.
- Work closely with Customer Service resolving issues with short lead orders, revisions and equipment availability
- Communicating constantly with production scheduling regarding issues with product availability and their needs for incoming materials
- Providing an open door to The Father’s Table buyers providing access to transport for their incoming material needs
- Maintain transportation and carrier files and update accordingly to assure The Father’s Table of a safe and compliant carrier base
- Updating, training, and overseeing the staff of this department to assure the Transportation Manager, personnel, and The Father’s Table of the finest and most efficient Transportation Department available
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at desk for prolonged periods, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift up to 15lbs at times, occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to focus in order to properly construct reports, use a computer and color coordinate monthly reports.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and will include, but not be limited to, computers, printers, telephones, and normal communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Father’s Table is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation/gender identity, place of national origin and other categories protected by law are not factors in employment, promotion, compensation or working conditions.