The Assistant Plant Manager, 1st shift, provides daily direction to supervisors and support staff. This role serves as the second management official in authority on site in the absence of the Plant Manager. We are looking for someone with proven experience leading numerous personnel and various plant activities. A successful person in this role will be able to make strong, sound, safe decisions in complex, high-pressure situations. The person in this role must be self-motivated, capable of working effectively with minimal supervision and have the ability to prioritize and make efficient use of time and resources.
Other key responsibilities of this role include:
- Complies with rules, production processes, government guidelines and regulations for the normal and regular production of confectionery products.
- Execute RCA workflow on unfavorable variances to budget variances.
- Review daily schedules to ensure production demands are met.
- Oversee all aspects of the plant on a shift basis to ensure all production, quality, safety, and sanitation expectations are achieved.
- Conduct employee training on an as needed basis determined by Plant Manager and Department Managers. Help ensure that there are no deficiencies in any of the company programs, policies, or procedures.
- Help coordinate and oversee yearly employee training for all hourly production employees as deemed necessary by Plant Manager.
- Perform routine safety audits on a yearly basis of all plant personnel.
- Audit the plant sanitation to ensure high level of cleanliness throughout the plant. Ensure all plant sanitation forms are up to date and filled out correctly.
- Audit plant safety programs to ensure compliance.
- Manage maintenance and lead any assigned projects during down season.
- Provide relief for supervisors on shift as deemed necessary.
- Strong background in people development.
- Proven track record of coaching and empowering employees to operate in a self-directed environment.
- Strong background and extensive knowledge in 5S, Continuous Improvement, Production Control Systems, Root Cause Analysis.
This opening is for 1st shift. During peak seasons (September – December) this position may work up to 7 days a week including weekends and holidays.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or distribution center environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics or Engineering
- Food manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with packaging, storing and shipping requirements
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to build and foster relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to create and foster a positive plant culture
- Initiative and strong communication skills
Russell Stover Chocolates is a leader in the manufacturer of boxed chocolates. The company operates 3 manufacturing facilities in Kansas and Texas. The company’s three brands – Russell Stover, Whitman’s and Pangburn’s - are sold in the United States through company-owned retail stores and 70,000 wholesale accounts. After nearly 100 years in operation the company manufactures approximately 100 million pounds of chocolate candies each year in its proud tradition of being “Made in America” and “Handcrafted in Small Batches”.
In September 2014, Russell Stover Chocolates was acquired by Lindt and Sprungli, the world leader in premium chocolates. This was the largest acquisition in the history of Lindt and Sprungli which has operations in over 40 countries across the globe. Russell Stover Chocolates joins sister companies Lindt USA and Ghirardelli to form a powerful confectionery triad in North America.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED employer. Principals only please.