The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating transportation, dispatch, and sanitation and equipment setup to deliver accurate, quality service to our customers. They manage the budget for operations to achieve financial goals, ensure training is effectively administered, compliance with TSA and compliance with HACCP plans and regulations. Ensures safety awareness and prevention measure are followed within the facility on a continuous basis to prevent accidents.
- Coordinate transportation department to ensure drivers are trained in operations and safety.
- Ensure safe practices are followed while loading and unloading aircraft.
- Ensure drivers and coordinators follow customer requirements and aircraft requirements.
- Manage equipment setup department to ensure accurate loading of carts.
- Comply with third party security inspection and verification procedures.
- Ensure food safety and HACCP requirement are followed with meals in final hold and meals to be loaded on the customer aircraft.
- Coordinate dish room operation to ensure equipment is clean, organized correctly and available to the facility to meet production requirements.
- Coordinate Equipment Setup to ensure accurate packing and delivery of product to the customer.
- Manage customer inventory in facility and in outside warehouse.
- Ensure all equipment and vehicles are properly maintained and in good working condition.
- Manage departmental costs to ensure attainment of monthly financial budget.
- Interface with customers to ensure satisfaction and follow up on issues.
- Ensure HACCP procedures are followed and employees are trained.
- Ensure safety awareness and training in implemented in all related departments.
Other Responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Knowledge of internal policies and procedures
- Competent to work independently within area of expertise
- Ability to solve quality related problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and implement continuous improvement.
- Knows and follows all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed.
- Must be able to function within a team environment.
- Performs tasks under general supervision.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Food manufacturing or processing experience a plus
- A minimum of 4 years broad-based Operations Management
- Financial management and Leadership skills
- Effective employee relations skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically in Excel