Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Rheon Line Assistant Lead Operator has the responsibility of planning, organizing, directing, all processing activities conducted at the Rheon Line in the absence of Lead Operator.
- Awareness of the daily production shift schedule. Coordinate, organize, and assign subordinates work tasks.
- Verify floor batch time to assure dough is acceptable for forming units.
- Verify texture of dough to assure product units will develop through the process system as expected.
- Set and verify that the process line control parameters are to pacifications.
- Continually monitor controls to ensure that product is to specifications.
- Assure that flour dusters are maintained filled at all times. Monitor number of batch containers on floor to be processed to assure they do not exceed the line capacity.
- Continually monitor line subordinates to ensure they are performing job tasks to quality specifications and standards.
- Verify that targeted units per proofer plates are to target specifications.
- Assure that mechanical line moving parts are functioning as expected.
- Report any mal-functioning or potential mechanical failures to supervisor.
- Assure that the Rheon Line, workstations, are maintained organize and safe for working.
- Assure that GMP#39;s are adhered to by employees. Continually communicate with Lead Oven Operator on dough conditions and quantity.
- Record Quality Control checks accurately and timely.
- Continually weigh units to ensure product is within weight specifications
- Use Shoplogix for all products run on the line and scan properly all downtime and changeovers.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- Additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to plan, direct, organize, and coordinate daily activities at the Rheon Line.
- Ability to function consistently within expected standards of operation, handling multiple tasks, execute job functions with interruptions, prioritize job tasks, and deal effectively with challenges and employees.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Execute sound decisions when confronted with processing, mechanical, or personnel challenges.
- Basic knowledge of GMP s and Lockout/Tagout Procedures. Basic effective verbal and written skills (English).
- Basic math skills (Adding-Subtraction-Multiplication-Division).Perform well under pressure and processing time constraints.
- Ability to be precise and clear in giving instructions and directions to subordinates.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to understand and operate Rheon Line process controls panels and performs accurate adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to write clearly and legibly.
- Ability to monitor and control potential challenges with dough conditions, or mechanical challenges.
- Demonstrate professionalism when interfacing with management and employees.
- Ability to consistently meet daily targeted production pounds and quality.
- Quality and Safety conscious in executing job functions.
- High Level of initiative and motivation in executing job functions.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.