The Assistant General Manager assists in the direction and management of a rendering facility with total charge of the operation in the absence of the General Manager. In addition, may be in direct charge of one or more areas of plant operations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management#39;s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Assist in overall operation of the plant; assumes responsibility for major area of operation when necessary due to absence of General Manager, Plant Manager, or Fleet Manager.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, and orientation of new employee#39;s development and discipline of established employees.
- Monitors and directs plant operations and lab analysis for quality control; takes necessary action to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains professional liaison with customers; resolves customer issues or concerns.
- Monitors route efficiency making adjustments when necessary.
- Looks for opportunities to increase productivity efficiently and economically.
- Process all corporate invoices and ensures payments have been authorized by the appropriate corporate office personnel.
- Under the direction of the General Manager, may be responsible for obtaining certifications necessary to the operation and implementation of such projects as Bio-security, HACCP, and is primary contact for the Company#39;s Safety Program.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in related area or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a production/manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in related area preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good mechanical and administration skills.
- Ability to lead; can give and take direction.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Frequently required to move up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally must push, pull, move or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and/or slippery floors, and high heat and/or cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf