This position will assist the Food Safety & Quality Systems Manager and facilitates compliance to Food Safety and Quality standards. Maintains and drives accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of the Food Safety Quality Management Systems in accordance to the SQF (Safe Quality Foods) Code.
- Responsible for the continued improvement and management of the supplier assurance program, including FSVP to meet company and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for facilitating regulatory, third party and customer audits and ensures the timely execution and completion of subsequent corrective actions and reports.
- Responsible for investigation of supplier and customer complaints, implements corrective and preventative actions and communicates detailed reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the continued improvement and management of the Recall and Traceability Programs.
- Responsible for the continued improvement and management of the environmental program and sanitary standards that impact food safety and product quality.
- Assigns and executes internal system audits against defined standards and company policy. Ensures the timely execution and completion of subsequent CAPA.
- Assembles and leads staff of different disciplines to drive, develop, implement, and maintain food safety and quality programs.
- Manages the validation and verification activities.
- Performs technical writing and administrative tasks as needed.
- Ensures all documents are released, reviewed, revised and include appropriate approvals prior to release.
- Supports changes in food safety policy’s with training as needed.
- Supports the fiscal budgeting process and stewardship of resources.
- This description is not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned.
- Supports company and departmental KPI goals to achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
- Promote company culture aimed at employee safety, food safety and quality.
- Possess managerial fortitude to deal with critical concerns, develop action plans and communicate to management.
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience with FSMA, HACCP, TACCP, VACCP, FSVP, SSOP’s, GlobalGAP, Organic, Kosher and GFSI audit standards.
- Tactical knowledge of Lean management for food safety, quality and continuous improvement.
- Software program proficiency in Microsoft Dynamic AX, Safefood360, SharePoint, Excel (Pivot Tables and Charting), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
Qualifications: Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related discipline.
- 5+ years of progressive food plant experience in a Quality Assurance role that is inclusive of Food Safety and Quality Control.
- Experience with RTE herbs and leafy green products will set this candidate apart.
Work Physical Demands:
The work environments described are representative of those an employee will typically encounter while performing the functions of the job, standing, walking, climbing stairs, cold environments, sitting and data entry.
SupHerb Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer