Summary: Works on an independent basis, performing a variety of activities in support of the profit center controller. Activities include, plant budget prep, accounts payable, inventory analysis, weekly & monthly results reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Has a general understanding of the plant operation, the various components, raw materials, processing, and warehousing.
2. Sets up and monitors various reports and systems which measure the performance of the plant.
3. Flags any deviations from established targets to the Plant Controller.
4. Does gap analysis and reports it to the Controller.
5. Works closely with the Plant Controller in reporting and improving results, including the Monthly Operating report.
6. Assists the Controller in preparing the facility budget presentation and reports the weekly and monthly performance of the plant.
7. Interprets the General Ledger and compares it to the Monthly Operating Report. Possess strong computer skills in order to compile a variety of reports on various plant operations.
8. Works on monthly closing activities and reports as required.
9. Analyzes variances in actual verses budget expenses as requested by the Plant Controller.
• Ability to perform a multitude of tasks.
• Strong communication abilities, written and verbal.
• Food Plant experience a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
• Previous accounting experience required.
• Knowledge of computer software: Prism, SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.