We have an Area Manager position opening in the Southeast Division. This AM will be required to live in or around the Macon/Augusta/Savannah, GA area, standard relocation will be offered. This AM will be over a total of 4 Plants located in the Claxon, Augusta, Stillmore, & Louisville, GA areas. This individual will be accountable for each of the site's safety, overall budgets, and client relations. Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in managing sanitation crews and strong communication skills. Attached is the job description with more information. Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply!
Department: Management Team
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Division Manager
Work Schedule: Varies
Amount of Travel Required: 60-70%
Positions Supervised: Site Managers
Responsible for multiple client sites across a certain geographic area. Accountable for each of the site's safety, overall budgets, and client relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
1. Must understand/promote all safety guidelines developed by company.
2. Must continually look for ways to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
3. Has to have excellent job knowledge. Must understand how a good sanitation crew performs and be able to solve problems.
4. Has to have good communication skills. Must be able to communicate to PSSI team members and client team members in a professional manner. Needs to be able to speak and write well.
5. Must possess strong leadership skills.
6. Must understand strategic planning. Improving plant profitability/safety/food safety.
7. Must be a self-motivator/self-starter.
8. Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
9. Must be able to adapt to multiple different situations.
10. Must be able to enforce company and client policies across the board.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the clients’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Must be aware of all of the aspects of the job and be able to perform them to the highest standards
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One to two years related experience
Computer Skills: Must be Microsoft proficient
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license