Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Corbion is the global market leader in sustainable ingredient solutions. Within Corbion, Algae Ingredients is developing new applications and markets for algae-based food and feed ingredients. We have a range of products that deliver breakthrough innovations for human and animal nutrition by offering sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and clean algae oils, fats and proteins.
We have an opportunity available for a creative and energetic Business Development Manager, whose primary focus will be to further strengthen Corbion#39;s leading position in the Aquaculture industry in Chile, both from a commercial as well as a technical perspective. The incumbent will report to the Global Aquaculture Lead and will work together with an international commercial and research team to expand the use of algae products, known under the Algaprime brand ( http://algaprime.com/ ) in the aquaculture market in Chile. The role includes managing and developing existing relationships with customers and the wider industry, developing new business opportunities, customer support and further development of the Corbion Algae Ingredients presence in Chile.
- Supporting the introduction and sales of AlgaPrime DHA as an alternative, clean and sustainable source of Omega 3 fatty acids for the Chilean Aquaculture Industry.
- Building and managing relationships with all relevant Chilean Salmon & trout producers to promote the benefits and use of AlgaPrime DHA in their production.
- Representing Corbion at regional farmer meetings and other relevant industry events.
- Positioning Corbion Algae Ingredients as an active member of the Chilean aquaculture market and community, including developing relationships with relevant trade publications, research institutes and relevant governmental bodies.
- Representing the Corbion Algae Ingredients team, picking up trends and developments within the salmon and trout industry.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities/applications for AlgaPrime DHA in Aquaculture feeds in Chile.
- Screening, identifying and sharing relevant information from Chilean press, multi-media and websites regarding salmon production, competition, regulations and general trends in the Chilean market with the broader algae ingredients team.
- Development of Spanish language industry focused marketing materials and positioning in the local media in cooperation with the Communications and Marketing departments.
- Working actively with the Corbion Algae Ingredient business development team to support growth targets.
- Collaborating with the Corbion Algae Ingredients team providing input as required to strategy, marketing plans and product development
- We are looking for a proactive Business Development Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset and approach. Someone with local market knowledge and the ability to build and nurture relationsh
- A degree in Aquaculture, Animal Nutrition or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical-commercial position in the salmon and/or trout feed industry in (e.g. sales, technical support, product management, technical marketing)
- Strong industry network within Chile, including feed producers, and salmon & trout farmers.
- Experience in launching and selling specialty or functional ingredients in the aquaculture space is considered an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both externally and internally, both in English and Spanish
- Collaborative team player comfortable operating independently and remotely whilst being part of a virtual team, capable of working with multiple disciplines and departments within Corbion
- Based in Chile
- Able and willing to travel. At times, over 50% of travel may be required, both domestically and internationally.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a world class global team and work with a revolutionary product portfolio. A chance to take ownership and connect your personal success to one of the most important growth markets for Algaprime DHA, a feed ingredient with unsurpassed performance and sustainability benefits for salmon and trout farmers.
In addition, we offer
- competitive remuneration and benefits
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of bio-based products.
- Training on the job and a developing plan ready for you. We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
We actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute towards our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: Medical, Product Development, Product Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, Healthcare, Research, Operations, Agriculture